AEARU Global Learning Initiatives Program
HKUST students are eligible to participate in the Global Learning Initiatives Program organized by the Association of East Asian Research Universities (AEARU) in Fall 2021.
Courses and Participating Universities
- Click here to access the list of participating universities and course offering in Fall 2021
- Please read through the course information carefully. Pay attention to the course start and end date, language of instruction and enrollment restriction(s) of the courses offered.
- HKUST students can enroll up to 3 courses through AEARU Global Learning Initiatives Program.
- Students are required to discuss and obtain endorsement from your major department for enrolling in these courses.
- The listed courses are NOT pre-mapped to HKUST course(s) and/or credit(s).
- If students plan to transfer credit from the course taken during this program to HKUST and/or to use these credits for fulfilling major (and minor, if applicable) program(s) requirement, students should consult their major (and minor, if applicable) departments on the feasibility of such plans.
- Students are responsible to check with the course offering institution on the course/program completion requirement to be awarded the credits.
- For application procedure of credit transfer, please visit https://crtran.ust.hk/ for more details.
- When you enroll in these courses with the endorsement from HKUST, you are not required to pay tuition fee to the host institution. You continue to be a registered HKUST student. If a course has additional fees required for items such as textbooks, these will be detailed in the course outline from the host institution.
- Application should reach the AEARU Secretariat by 30 July 2021.
The program is open to HKUST full-time undergraduate students who are:
Application procedures at HKUST
- Not in their first term nor final term at HKUST when the course is in session; and
- Who has obtained endorsement from the major department for enrolling in the desired course.
- This is not open to inbound exchange students or HKUST students on outbound exchange program or study leave in the term when the course is in session.
Step 1: Complete the HKUST endorsement form
, discuss with your major department and obtain their signed endorsement.
**Due to the global development of COVID-19, email endorsement will be accepted. Please upload the completed form and email endorsement from UG coordinator or Program Director to the system.
Step 2: Click the “Apply Now” button on this page to complete HKUST application form, upload the signed HKUST endorsement form and the partially complete AEARU GLI endorsement form
to the system.
Step 3: After reviewing your application, HKUST will complete and sign the AEARU GLI endorsement form and return to you in 2 working days.
Application to AEARU Secretariat
Step 4: After obtaining HKUST endorsement, click here
to complete the online application to the AEARU Secretariat.
Enrollment procedures at the Host Institution
Step 5: If your application is successful, you will be notified of the result through email from the host institution, and provided with details to register at the host institution.
Step 6: After you have received the offer from the host institution, please email the admission letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 6 July 2021