APRU Virtual Student Exchange Program
HKUST students are eligible to participate in the Virtual Student Exchange Program organized by the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) in Fall 2021.
Courses and Participating Universities
- Courses will be added on a rolling basis. Click here to access the list of participating universities and course offerings in Fall 2021.
- Please read through the course information carefully. Pay attention to the course start and end date, the language of instruction, number of credit(s) and enrollment restriction(s) of the courses offered.
- HKUST students can enroll in 1-2 courses from the APRU VSE course catalog.
- Students are required to discuss and obtain endorsement from your major department for enrolling in these courses.
- The listed courses are NOT pre-mapped to HKUST course(s) and/or credit(s). Previously approved mappings and the credit conversion, if any, are published on the ARO Course Equivalence Database.
- If students plan to transfer credit from the course taken during this program to HKUST and/or to use these credits for fulfilling major (and minor, if applicable) program(s) requirement, students should consult their major (and minor, if applicable) departments on the feasibility of such plans.
- Students are responsible to check with the course offering institution on the course/program completion requirement to be awarded the credits.
- For application procedures of credit transfer, please visit https://crtran.ust.hk/ for more details.
- When you enroll in these courses with the endorsement from HKUST, you are not required to pay tuition fee to the host institution. You continue to be a registered HKUST student. If a course has additional fees required for items such as textbooks, these will be detailed in the course outline from the host institution.
- Click here to refer to the application deadline of each participating university.
- To obtain HKUST endorsement, you must submit a completed application on this system by the application deadline of the course offering university.
The program is open to HKUST full-time undergraduate students who are:
Application procedures at APRU VSE Central Office
- Not in their first term nor final term at HKUST when the course is in session; and
- Who has obtained endorsement from the major department for enrolling in the desired course(s).
- This is not open to inbound exchange students or HKUST students on outbound exchange program or study leave in the term when the course is in session.
Step 1: Click here
to complete the online application at APRU VSE Central Office. Please follow the instructions listed on the website.
Application procedures at HKUST
Step 2: Complete the endorsement form
, discuss with your major department and obtain their signed endorsement.
**Due to the global development of COVID-19, email endorsement will be accepted. Please upload the completed form and email endorsement from UG coordinator or Program Director to the system.
Step 3: Click the “Apply Now” button on this page to complete HKUST internal application. You are required to upload the signed endorsement form to the system.
Step 4: After reviewing your application, HKUST will endorse your application and notify the APRU VSE Central Office directly.
Enrollment procedures at the Host Institution
Step 5: If your application is successful, you will be notified of the result through email from APRU VSE Central office, and provided with details to submit a formal application to the host institution.
Step 6: After you have received the offer from the host institution, please email the admission letter/email to email@example.com
Last update: 27 May 2021