Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Program Terms: Academic Year
  • Restrictions: HKUST applicants only
Program Description:
HKUST undergraduate student who is going to participate in a self-arranged study abroad program and wish to submit course equivalence mapping request or credit transfer application to Academic Registry shall register his/her participation in the program by submitting Study Abroad Program Registration application to the Office of Global Learning (OGL) on this system.
  1. Create and submit your application for Study Abroad Program Registration to register your self-arranged program on this system after you have committed to the offer given by the host institution and before the program start date.
  2. To complete the Registration application, you will need to provide supporting documents to prove your commitment to the registered program, e.g. proof of acceptance and tuition payment proof issued by the host institution.
  3. Upon OGL’s review and approval of the registration, you will then receive further instructions on what to do next in order to be able to proceed with online course mapping assessment/credit-transfer-related process. 
Special note about applying for study leave for HKUST undergraduate students who are registering for self-arranged study abroad programs during the regular terms, i.e. Fall and/or Spring term:
  • You must apply for Leave from Study if you are studying at another post-secondary institution as a visiting student on a fee-paying basis during the regular terms, i.e. Fall and/or Spring term.
  • HKUST does not permit concurrent studies during the regular terms (Fall and/or Spring) at another post-secondary institution unless prior approval was given by HKUST. Apply for Leave from Study is the process for you to formally request HKUST to approve your leave from studies at HKUST during the time period you specify.  When this is approved and processed, you continue to be a registered HKUST student, but will not be billed tuition for the term you will be away.  You must apply for Leave from Study.  Note that this procedure is not required for study abroad in the Summer term and Winter term, and also not required for student exchange programs organized by HKUST during the term-time.
  • To learn more about preparation for term-time self-arranged study abroad, you are welcome to visit