About National Chengchi University
National Chengchi University (NCCU) was founded in 1927, and is one of the top universities in Taiwan. It is also the university with the best reputation in the field of humanities and social sciences and second to none in East-Asian, Chinese, and Cross-Strait studies.
About NCCU International Summer School
The NCCU ISS is a 4-week program which provides you with both intensive Mandarin Chinese learning and 8 academic intensive courses in the fields of Management, Social Sciences, and Humanities, focusing on the aspects of Taiwan, China, and East Asia. In addition to the academic and language benefits, the program provides several well designed excursions to the most significant cultural and historical attractions in northern Taiwan.
Four weeks from 5 July - 5 August 2018
- You are expected to arrive two days before the program starts for program orientation. Please refer to the host institution’s acceptance package for the arrival information.
- You should only depart after completion of the program.
Students may join this program in two ways:
- Exchange – Under the student exchange agreement, students joining this program as exchange students will have tuition waived. HKUST students will bear the costs for accommodation, meals, travel, visa, insurance, personal expenses and other administrative fees.
- Partnership – Exchange quota is limited and there are cases that the University is unable to assign an exchange placement to an applicant. As such, students may also consider joining the program as fee-paying students. HKUST students applying through and nominated by HKUST can enjoy the partnership benefits below. If you will consider this option, you should choose both the "Exchange" and "Partnership" options as your program choices.
|Application fee||USD 150|
|Tuition fee||Waived||Tuition information for Summer 2018 is not yet available, please refer to 2017 figures below
Chinese Language Study
USD 520 - 1,020
USD 550 for 2 modules
* 20% off on English-taught academic courses if HKUST nominates 5 or more partnership students.
|Course materials||Depends on courses|
You are eligible to apply for summer exchange if you:
- will have completed Year 1 by the start of program; and
- have a cumulative CGA of 2.0 or above (Students with CGA below 2.0 may also apply. Offers may be given with special consideration).
For details of the selection criteria, please CLICK HERE.
HKUST students must apply through the Global Student Programs Office. Individual direct application to National Chengchi University will not be accepted.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button on this page. The whole application process has two steps.
Step 1: Complete HKUST application form and submit supplementary documents (CLICK HERE for details)
Step 2: The Host Institution Application (TO BE COMPLETED AFTER YOU ARE NOMINATED BY HKUST)
If you are nominated, you will be notified to submit a formal host institution application. Detailed information and application instructions will be provided in due course.
The HKUST Study Abroad Financial Assistance aims to help HKUST students with financing their study abroad programs. More details can be found at HKUST Study Abroad website.
You are advised to discuss your study plan with your major department or any pre-major advisors in your School. For details of the credit transfer procedures, please CLICK HERE.
Students should make sure to have sufficient medical and accident insurance coverage for the whole period of the program.
HKUST students who take part in the University's exchange programs will be covered by the University's Travel Insurance Plan. Please CLICK HERE for details.
You may choose to stay at NCCU International House. Rooms will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
Disclaimer: The host institutions may release updated information from time to time. Information on this page will be updated on a rolling basis. While the Global Student Programs Office tries the best effort to post the most updated information on this page, you are advised to refer to the host institutions' official websites for the most updated information.
Last update: 14 November 2017