About Ewha Womans University
Founded in 1886, Ewha Womans University is Korea’s first pioneering educational institution for women. It has since grown to become one of Asia’s most prestigious universities, with over 3,000 students visiting from more than 60 different countries each year. Through various short and long-term programs, students have the opportunity to experience Ewha’s leading global infrastructure and quality excellence in a variety of initiatives. This demonstrates the Ewhaian tradition to exist ‘non nobis solem’-not for ourselves alone, but for the good of all humankind.
With 26,000 students and 198,000 alumni, Ewha has a strong presence around the world and works hard to live up to its global reputation. The university is proud of its long history at the forefront of education in Korea and is determined to train tomorrow’s leaders, equipping them with the skills and knowledge to make a difference in the world. During the 21st century, Ewha has truly become a global place to study,research, and experience life in Korea.
About Ewha International Co-ed Summer College
The program consists of two sessions. HKUST exchange students must join BOTH sessions - International Summer College and Summer Special Program: Korean Language & Cultural Session, and will take 3 courses in total. Courses concentrate on Korean/East Asian Studies, Social Sciences, Women’s Studies and Music, Art & Design. Field trips and cultural excursion will be arranged.
Course information and details of the trips can be found via the links below.
|International Summer College (ISC)||26 Jun - 24 Jul 2018|
|Summer Special Program (SSP)||7 Aug - 22 Aug 2018|
- You should arrive on 25 Jun (ISC) and 6 Aug (SSP) for student dormitory check-in. You should refer to the host institution’s acceptance package and pay attention to the arrival information.
- The host will provide housing during the 2-week gap between the sessions.
- You should only depart after completion of the program.
Students may join this program in two ways:
- Exchange - Under the student exchange agreement, students joining this program as exchange students will have tuition and application fees waived. HKUST students will bear the costs for accommodation, meals, travel, visa, insurance, personal expenses and other administrative fees.
- Partnership – Exchange quota is limited and there are cases that the University is unable to assign an exchange placement to an applicant. As such, students may also consider joining the program as fee-paying students. HKUST students applying through and nominated by HKUST can enjoy the partnership benefits below. If you will consider this option, you should choose both the "Exchange" and "Partnership" options as your program choices.
|Application fee||Waived||KRW 100,000|
|Tuition fee||Waived||KRW 1,800,000 - 5,400,000
(Apply ISC only: 30% off tuition)
(Apply ISC and SSP: 30% off ISC tuition and 50% off SSP tuition)
|Course materials||Depends on courses|
|Accommodation||KRW 1,120,000 - 1,530,000|
|Field trip||KRW 420,000
(Waived for partnership students)
You are eligible to apply for summer exchange if you:
- will have completed Year 1 by the start of program; and
- have a cumulative CGA of 2.0 or above (Students with CGA below 2.0 may also apply. Offers may be given with special consideration.)
For details of the selection criteria, please CLICK HERE.
HKUST students must apply through the Global Student Programs Office. Individual direct application to Ewha Womans University will not be accepted.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button on this page. The whole application process has two steps.
Step 1: Complete HKUST application form and submit supplementary documents (CLICK HERE for details)
Step 2: The Host Institution Application (TO BE COMPLETED AFTER YOU ARE NOMINATED BY HKUST)
If you are nominated, you will be notified to submit a formal host institution application. Detailed information and application instructions will be provided in due course.
The HKUST Study Abroad Financial Assistance aims to help HKUST students with financing their study abroad programs. More details can be found at HKUST Study Abroad website.
You are advised to discuss your study plan with your major department or any pre-major advisors in your School. For details of the credit transfer procedures, please CLICK HERE.
You are required to visit the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Hong Kong or the nearest embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea in your home country for accurate information. Please note that foreign nationals participating in short study abroad programs such as the Ewha International Co-ed Summer College are able to stay in Korea for a maximum of 90 days without a visa. You may CLICK HERE for more information.
All students must send a valid copy of their health insurance certificate which would cover major injuries and illnesses while in Korea, when applying, and before leaving for Korea.
HKUST students who take part in the University's exchange programs will be covered by the University's Travel Insurance Plan. To apply for an insurance certificate, please CLICK HERE.
The International House (I-House) and Graduate Student Dormitory (GSD) are on-campus housing facilities located very close to the Ewha ISC office in the Ewha Campus Complex (ECC). These state-of-the-art housing facilities for foreign students offer double and single rooms on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. The dormitories are co-ed, with each floor assigned to a single sex.
Housing application is included in the online application for the program. Room assignment will be done according to the order of the online application submitted and tuition payment made. For details, please CLICK HERE.
Disclaimer: The host institutions may release updated information from time to time. Information on this page will be updated on a rolling basis. While the Global Student Programs Office tries the best effort to post the most updated information on this page, you are advised to refer to the host institutions' official websites for the most updated information.
Last update: 14 November 2017